ULM

ULM

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Unshackled Moments ~ February 23 ~ Vision Problems

My eyes are going bad, not the need stronger glasses due to growing old bad, but the something physically wrong, fix it or go blind kind of bad. I will need surgery sometime in the future, and there is a possibility that I won't even need glasses at all once that is done. Until then, it is getting more and more difficult for me to see. It's as though the brightness level on the screen has been turned down. It even at times feels like I am looking at the world through a thin layer of gauze.

Today is a grey, wet day. The cloud cover is complete, and there are no bright colors in the world around me. The entire area is muted. When this natural phenomena is combined with my eyes not receiving the light they need it makes it hard to discern some things. I had a moment this morning while driving where I came up behind a car about the same shade as the grey of the road and the sky above. The car completely blended in with the surroundings. When I finally saw it, I was about four car lengths back, and it appeared like a space ship coming out of cloaking mode.  There wasn't any close call about the situation. I had plenty of time to see the car, but I got much closer than I should have been able to before seeing it. In times past I would have seen it from much further back.

The situation made me think about how we see spiritual things through a veil or through a glass darkly. When that's all that you're used to, it may feel like you see pretty well. But as the light comes into the world and illuminates things better, you realize that you were practically blind before. We need to constantly move toward God so that His light can illuminate the world around us. The more that we do this, the more we will be able to see clearly. The closer we get to Him, the better our spiritual vision grows, ad one day, the spiritual surgery will be done and everything that is in the way will be removed. We will see clearly and without hindrance. Until then, let us remember that we don't always see the whole scene and what we do see is not always as clearly defined as we think it is. We need God to guide us. We are no longer completely blind, stumbling through the dark, but we do not yet see clearly. We need to trust and rely on the One who sees.




Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments and or listens to the messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions to more people by sharing the Moments and messages that you read or listen to? Hitting the share button instead of or in addition to the like button will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.
t of despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment