ULM

ULM

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Unshackled Moments ~ November 22 ~ Something To Lean On

Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
- Psalm 73:23-26

Even as Christians we can get caught in the trap of self reliance. We sometimes live as though we're supposed to give the big things to God and handle the rest ourselves. Then, once we get in the habit of leaning on our own strength, our own understanding and our own wisdom for the little things we find it difficult to let go when the big things come around, when the crisis hits. Our reflexive response to trouble becomes what am I going to do? How am I going to fix this? How am I going to make this right or make this work? But even when we've fallen into the trap of trying to carry our own load, Jesus is right there asking us to trade.

That's right. Jesus wants to trade. He offers to pick up our loads, the ones we know we can't carry and the ones we mistakenly think we can, and carry them for us in exchange for one that is easy to carry and light. When we surrender our control in exchange for His guidance and service to Him, those questions don't weigh  us down. We don't have to fix it. We don't have to divine a solution to the problem. It's called divining a solution, because solutions are best left to the Divine. We just lean on Him, keep following His direction. God is our comfort, our security, our strength and our way of escape. He is our refuge and our answer. We don't have to rely on ourselves. And that, dear reader, is a very freeing truth.


Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments and or listens to the messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions to more people by sharing the Moments and messages that you read or listen to? Hitting the share button instead of or in addition to the like button will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment