ULM

ULM

Friday, April 12, 2019

Unshackled Echo ~ April 12, 2019 ~ Where Everybody Knows Your Name

I used to love to watch Cheers. And I loved that opening theme song. Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. But you know what? I never had that at bar. Maybe some of you did, but I didn't. I had bartenders who knew my drink and had it poured before I reached the bar a few times, but they didn't know my name. And I never had anyplace, not a bar or a church or anything in between where THEY, implying everyone there, was ever always glad I showed up.

But I have found that in my relationship with Christ. He knows my name. Before the world began, He knew I would be named David Glyn Woodard Jr., and that I would be called Davy and then when older Dalyn by most who can let go of the the Davy. And that this body would go by David or Glyn or Tigger or various other things at various times throughout my life. He not only knows and knew every name by which I have ever been known, but He has His own special unique name for me, that I don't even know yet. I'll get it when I reach heaven. He has one for you as well.

And no matter the place, no matter the time, Jesus is ALWAYS glad when we come to Him. We can come in worship, with joy, in fear or in sorrow. We can come in any state mentally or emotionally, and it thrills Him. He loves us to be with Him. Something to be cheerful about is that there is a place where we can go where we are completely understood and accepted, where our name and very being are known and were they're always glad we came. That place is into the presence of Christ, and in that place is restoration, peace and freedom to replace our brokenness, our misery and our bondage.



Today's Unshackled Echo was previously published on
March 10, 2016.


This site is free. If this blessed, helped and or informed you, the best thing you can do is pass it on via the social buttons below. And please subscribe or follow Unshackled Life Ministries on Facebook.



Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments, the weekly Unshackled Echo and or listens to the Audio Messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them on social media, commented on the blog or replied to an email subscription. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions and sermons to more people by sharing this? Hitting the share button or forwarding this to a friend will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment