ULM

ULM

Monday, August 27, 2018

Unshackled Moments ~ August 27, 2018 ~ Seeing Another's Danger

My transportation is a motorcycle, and last week after I got back from visiting at the jail I parked in the right place for Leah to catch a good look at my front tire when she got home. God graced her with noticing the bike instead of walking on by, and she saw that my front tire was shot. She told me, and I went and looked at it. Sure enough, it's starting to come apart, and now the bike is parked until I can special order a new tire (the downside to small town living).

Even those who don't ride can imagine how dangerous it would be for the front tire to come apart on a two-wheeled vehicle. I am so grateful that she saw it, because I hadn't noticed it. I walked by and or rode the bike daily, but I missed it. This could have been deadly at worst and very painful at best. Instead I  know and can take measured to correct the problem before the problem leads to destruction.

This is an example of why we need others involved with us in recovery and with our walk with God. Sometimes an issue can develop that we don't sense or see. It could be because it grows slowly and we don't see it. It could be that we are distracted by other aspects of life or are too close. But when we stay in relationship with others, they can spot issues that we might not see yet and point them out. I'm seeing this or that. When this happens, I strongly suggest taking a moment to examine the issue. Then, stop moving forward until God does what is needed to make moving safe again. This can save us much difficulty and pain down the road. And when we see areas of dangers in others, we can reach out in love and share that with them. It is part of bearing one another's burdens and building up and edifying our brothers and sisters. It's one of the ways we help keep us all healthy and why we are not called to walk with God in isolation.


This site is free. If this blessed, helped and or informed you, the best thing you can do is pass it on via the social buttons below. And please subscribe or follow Unshackled Life Ministries on Facebook.



Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments, the weekly Unshackled Echo and or listens to the Audio Messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them on social media, commented on the blog or replied to an email subscription. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions and sermons to more people by sharing this? Hitting the share button or forwarding this to a friend will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment