ULM

ULM

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Unshackled Moments ~ March 17 ~ Jesus Take The Wheel

Last night I preached a message on the topic of suffering. I shared on how to handle suffering, and then I went home and began to stress about my eyes and passing the vision part of renewing my driver's license today. I prayed last night but never really got a feeling of peace that I hoped to, although it did help some as I gave up and went to bed that Leah was not worried and had peace about it. This morning I woke and everything went wrong. My eye has busted again and is hurting and light sensitive. Now I am in pain and not sure about how well I do. Then, computer problems have thrown a monkey wrench n everything that I have needed to do this morning. I had to get Leah's help from her computer to post last night's sermon and share it. Nothing is working right, and I did not react well. Knowing I wasn't responding as I should, in the manner that I just spent a half hour preaching about last night only upset me more. I became upset and angry over being upset and angry.

Physician heal thyself, preacher practise what you preach and other self condemnation washed over me. I couldn't seem to stop  the spiral. Then, after getting alone and praying, I remembered what I had forgotten in my frustration and guilt. Grace. Go's grace, which is greater. I asked for forgiveness and gave up the fight, because I can not control the fear and frustration within me. God, You have to take it, and you have to give me the ability to walk in the truth. Finally things began to fall back into place where they should. My spirit ceased twisting in the wind of my emotions.

Our fears and emotions don't have to control us. It is not fun when we know the truth and yet can not seem to walk in it, but that's why we need grace. Knowing the truth is not enough to enable us to live as we should. That's why we need the Holy Spirit. When we begin moving into an area of spiritual truth, that is where the enemy will attack, to try to shake us from the foundation and principles that we have learned. When we try to muscle through the attack on our knowledge and understanding, on our own strength, it leads to failure, which leads to guilt and frustration and further failure. But we can stop the downward spiral but stopping the fight and surrendering. Give it God. Let Him have it. Somehow I got into the mode of I need to do this. But what I forgot momentarily is that only God can do this in me.

Sometimes a quick meltdown after or in the midst of a disaster is just what we need to remind us quickly of the foundation of walking with God. I can't. He can. I'll let Him. Today, let us repent of the areas where we slip back into thinking that we need to walk with God and instead let Jesus take the wheel of our life and guide us by grace through our day. Let us rejoice that we have been forgiven and not beat ourselves up over our failures to walk in the truth that we have learned. Without the Spirit having control, we can never walk in truth long. The quicker we give back the control we have tried to take back, the quicker we can return to the place we need to be. It's how we hit reset on our day and on our life.



Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments and or listens to the messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions to more people by sharing the Moments and messages that you read or listen to? Hitting the share button instead of or in addition to the like button will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment