ULM

ULM

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Unshackled Echo ~ April 1, 2017 ~ No Joke

Today's Unshackled Echo was previously published on
April 1, 2015 as No Joke.

Welcome  to April Fool's Day. Some love this "holiday," while others hate it with a passion. Either way, there is no going on with life as though it isn't a factor. Whether we participate in the foolishness of pranks and tricks that accompany this day or not, we must go through the day with our guard fully up. It can be exhausting. Every Facebook post must be questioned, every statement by a friend or coworker must be carefully evaluated. We even have to be wary of newspaper and radio/TV news reports. If we don't want to be duped we must beware and approach every  bit of information and every situation as though it's bogus or about to blow up.

When I look at myself, the truth of who I am, especially in those hard to reach dark corners of my mind and heart that I can never seem to clean well and try to hide from the guests of my life, it's hard to believe that anyone could, much less would, love me as I am. I have trouble liking myself sometimes. Then here comes Jesus saying that He loves me so much He'll die for me, even if I never accept it or appreciate it, if I never change for the better, if I stay a selfish, rebellious fool who lives like there is no God, His love for me never decreases. He loves me as I am, not as I should be. And He loves you the same way.

And if you're anything like me, that's where we start treating the message of who Jesus is and what He did as though it's all God's spiritual April Fool's prank. Surely it must be a horrible, cruel hoax. Could it really be true that we could be loved like that? We can't love ourselves that much. We're not that accepting of ourselves, no matter what mask of pride we show the world. How could a holy God accept us as we are?

I don't know  how. I know that it has something to do with a love so great and perfect that we can't really comprehend it on this side of eternity. And I know it's real. I've seen it. I've seen the miracles it brings and the lives it has changed. I promise that on spiritual April 2, the first day of eternity, when all of this is over and done with, it won't be those who listened to the call of love who will realize with shame and sadness  that they have been tricked. There is a trickster out there trying to get us to believe news that isn't true. Sadly though, his pranks are far from harmless.

Today the Ultimate Love is calling you, desiring relationship. Just as you are, with all your flaws and imperfections, He is totally, hands and heels nailed to a tree, in love with you. It's not a joke. You don't have to qualify. Just say, "I want that." Relationship with your Creator is not only possible, but it's the missing piece that makes everything else in life on this floating rock fall into place. Don't let fear of looking foolish in the eyes of others today keep you from the love of eternity. The foolishness of the cross is not God's prank. It is His promise of acceptance to those who embrace His gift.



Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments, the weekly Unshackled Echo and or listens to the Audio Messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them on social media, commented on the blog or replied to an email subscription. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions and sermons to more people by sharing this? Hitting the share button or forwarding this to a friend will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment