ULM

ULM

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Unshackled Echo ~ June 29, 2019 ~ At The Start Of The Rope

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go.
– Abraham Lincoln

I love this quote. It's a great reminder of the need to go to God, as well as being an encouragement when I think of leaders crying out to God for help and guidance. I have no doubt that the best way to be an effective leader is to be an effective follower of God. But when I read or hear this quote, I am also reminded of all the times I kept going my own way and kept trying to do things on my own until victory became impossible. Then, seeing I had no other hope, I would turn to God for help.

Life is so much better, there is so much more victory and security and contentment, when we hit our knees before we are driven there. We can remember that His way is always the best way, the only way to true victory and success. We do not have to try any other way first. The experience and failure of the past can be enough for us to know that there is absolutely no other place to go, no other way that works. We don't have to end at that place of broken reliance on God. We can start there.

Today, let us look first to God for guidance and direction. Let us not wait for our life to move into critical condition before turning it and the situation over to Him and asking for His help. He is as much a present source of help as the problem approaches as He is when we are at the end of our ropes.

Today's Unshackled Echo was previously published on
June 29, 2016.


This site is free. If this blessed, helped and or informed you, the best thing you can do is pass it on via the social buttons below. And please subscribe or follow Unshackled Life Ministries on Facebook.



Unshackled Life Ministries is grateful for every person that reads the daily Unshackled Moments, the weekly Unshackled Echo and or listens to the Audio Messages. I want to thank those who have clicked "like" on something that blessed or ministered to them on social media, commented on the blog or replied to an email subscription. It is encouraging to know that God is using this ministry to help and bless others. Please remember that if God used something from this ministry to help, encourage or bless you, it could also bless someone else. Would you help get the devotions and sermons to more people by sharing this? Hitting the share button or forwarding this to a friend will help us reach more people with the good news of freedom and the encouragement to live an Unshackled Life. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment