ULM

ULM

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Unshackled Moments ~ October 8 ~ Jump Start

I just hooked a battery charger up to the battery on my motorcycle. It's around 30 minutes until I have to leave for work, and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to crank the bike. Leah and I have been on vacation, which means that the motorcycle hasn't been started in a week. If the bike sits that long, it rarely will start. If it gets cool overnight, it almost never starts, as it seems the battery doesn't have enough cranking power to turn over the cold engine. When you add sitting for a week and multiple cool night temperatures together, it wasn't even a question. I knew the battery would be dead. I did turn the key on and hit the starter button to be sure, but all I heard was the expected buzz of the low battery. The engine didn't even attempt to turn over.

Because I was prepared, I won't be late. Because I can plug the battery into an outside power source and charge it, I know I can get the motorcycle started and won't have problems with a low battery for the rest of the day. If it gets cool tonight I may have to jump the bike off again tomorrow, but that's what happens when you buy a cheap battery that doesn't have much cranking power or hold a good charge in the cold.

I don't hold a good charge either. I haven't got enough power on my own to get started well in the mornings. Maybe you can relate. If you can, don't forget that while it may be all too easy to see the old nature reflecting back in the mirror at the start of the day, we can wake the new creation within us up with the help of a spiritual jump start. We plug ourselves into the ultimate power source, the Holy Spirit, first thing, knowing that we don't have the power within ourselves. Once we have enough juice to get started the alternator the new spirit within us keeps us charged and in tune with the spirit for the rest of the day. Start off right today and plug into Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment