ULM

ULM

Friday, October 9, 2015

Unshackled Moments ~ October 9 ~ More On Power

There's a problem with the laptop I use.  It's been getting bad over the last week or so, and it caused some frustration during my recent vacation by joining my phone in being as uncooperative as possible. I'm not sure if the problem is with the battery or the computer itself, but even plugged in it will quit taking a charge and sometimes will even shut down. The thing is that it may work fine for hours with no problem. Then, like this morning, every minute or so the lights will flash indicating that it's not taking a charge and the battery will run out soon. All I have to do is unplug the cord from the computer and plug it back in, and it starts working again. This last time for about 15 seconds.

The next time it may last for hours, and that is actually when it's more of a problem. If I check it every few seconds, even if it stops working the battery doesn't run out. But when it works for a while, I can get caught up in whatever I am doing on the computer and forget to watch it. Then when it stops working I sometimes don't catch it until the computer suddenly shuts down. For some reason with this issue it doesn't bother to give a battery warning other than the blinking power lights. At the moment it hasn't gone off for a minute or two, and it becomes harder, even as I write about it, to remember to keep glancing at the power indicator rather than to simply write.

It's not really an issue as long as I am there. I can get into a rhythm of glancing that way every thirty seconds or so. Now, I can get the computer fixed or replaced eventually, but until then, I simply have to keep an eye on the power indicator. I'm kind of like this old laptop. I may do fine for a while, but sooner or later, if I don't keep checking to make sure I'm receiving power, I'm going to shut down and stop working properly. I wrote yesterday of making sure to plug into the Power Source, the Holy Spirit, first thing so that there's enough juice to get through the day walking by the power of the Spirit. But I also need to remember that my battery doesn't always hold that charge or recognize that it's plugged in. The cord doesn't change. The source isn't unplugged. But sometimes I act as though I'm running on my own. In addition to that initial charge, I need to keep checking all the indicators to make sure that I'm taking in the power that I'm supposed to. Not only do we need to plug in, but we need to make sure that nothing is causing  us to run on our own power even while we are plugged into the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment